Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Unit 1: An artist's feeling

Because art is an expression of feelings, all its executors may be more emotional that an average person. Therefore, because of the natural need of letting out feelings such as sadness, frustration, stress, love, among others, artists need something more than spoken words to fulfil their expressionism as persons. Examples of this argument can be given when observing the paintings of Frida Kahlo who mostly represented the pain she felt during her life in her works. Another example is the music of Ray Charles who have written and sung every song inspired by love, sadness and admiration for his place of birth Georgia. There can be millions of examples that can be given to exemplify the diverse forms in which artists of all artistic disciplines express their feelings. Because I consider myself an artist for my love for painting, music, dance and poetry, I am able to say what I feel when I do any of the previous activities. What I feel when I paint or play violin or sing or dance is something very similar to happiness or an approximation to it. At least any of these activities give a little or a huge relieve to what I felt before doing something and that is perhaps more than happiness or simply life.

No comments:

Post a Comment